USS Indianapolis (CA-35) 2022 Reunion
Time & Location
About the event
Join us in Texas Hill Country in Spring 2022 as we gather in person to honor USS Indianapolis (CA-35) in the hometown of Admiral Chester Nimitz, Commander of the Fifth Fleet in World War II. The event brings focus to the 1,195 men who sailed on the fatal voyage, including the 316 who survived and the 879 who perished. We will also honor the nine crewmen who were killed by a kamikaze attack just prior to the Battle of Okinawa on March 31, 1945. The devastating attack damaged Indy so severely that she ultimately returned to Mare Island for repairs, setting in motion the chain of events that would lead to her role in delivering the components of the first atomic bomb to Tinian, and ultimately to her tragic demise.
Explore more of Indy’s legacy at the National Museum of the Pacific War. Learn about the pivotal role USS Indianapolis played as flagship of the Fifth Fleet and the final sailing crew’s role in bringing an end to WWII. Fredericksburg’s world class museum offers us a chance to step back in time and appreciate what the men of Indianapolis accomplished.
All are welcome… Bring the family! Activities for all ages! An educational opportunity you won’t want to miss!
Casual attire, boots, and hats welcome!
* A service charge of 2.5% has been added to all online ticket prices in order to cover PayPal processing fees. If you do not wish to pay the service fees, you are welcome to submit your registration form and check by mail to:
USS Indianapolis (CA-35) Legacy Organization
P.O. Box 16042
Chattanooga, TN 37416
- All-Event with BBQ (Adult)$102.50$102.500$0
- All Event with BBQ (Child)$41.50$41.500$0
- 2-Day Pass No BBQ (Adult)$51.50$51.500$0
- 2-Day Pass without BBQ (Child)$21$210$0